Multi Sport Adventure in Slovenia
I know you have a ton of dedicated “escapees” but I just want you to know that not a week goes by that I don’t think of my trip with Escape To Shape. It was a game changer for me. Your business has the ability to open doors, eyes and experiences to people and change them. What a gift you have. Thank you!!!
-- Kristen D
Join Escape to Shape as we explore Europe's hidden secret & most naturally diverse, culturally rich country – Slovenia. This Escape is ideal for trend-setters, those who like to break the mold & experience off-the-beaten-path, emerging destinations. A perfect combination of European history, charm & elegance along with breathtaking natural beauty give this Escape it's unique flair. Days will be spent exploring the culture & cuisine as we hike, bike, kayak & raft through the natural landscapes of this vivid country, complimented by yoga classes along the way!
As distances within Slovenia are short, Ljubljana is a perfect starting point & base for our first four nights as we explore Slovenia’s diverse history & natural beauty. Highlights include visiting the Postojna Cave- a fantastic web of underground tunnels, passages, galleries and halls; learning about the grand Lipizzan horses at Lipica Stud farm; wandering Ljubljana & hiking the surrounding areas (Lake Bled & Lake Bohinj). From there we move on to deeper explore the culture & cuisine, with biking & wine tasting, rafting, kayaking or hiking in Carniola plus much, much more.
Slovenia is just a 2 hours drive from the Venice airport. By plane it takes only 1 hour from Rome, Munich, Frankfurt, Dubrovnik and only 2 hours from Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam.
We are happy to assist with flights & any travel extensions you may want to add to your trip.
- 4-nights accommodations at Hotel Cubo, a small, sleek property in Ljubljana. Each room has an en suite bathroom, AC and deluxe amenities.
- 3-nights accommodations at Relais & Chateau Grad Otočec. Each room has an en suite bathroom, AC and deluxe amenities.
- 3 delicious & healthy meals & snacks reflective of the region & the season provided daily. Unique dining experiences around Slovenia, highlighting healthy takes on classic cuisine as well as local favorites from some of Slovenia's top chefs.
- Ljubljana old town walking tour with private guide, plus free time to shop & explore on own.
- Private Boat ride on Ljubljanica river
- Private guided hike in Triglav National Park (Lake Bohinj) & Šmarna Gora
- Visit Lake Bled, including Bled Island & Bled Castle.
- Private guided experience of Postojna Cave
- Lipica Stud Farm Experience & Carriage Ride.
- Traditional Slovenian spa experience- pools, sauna, massage.
- Rafting in White Carniola
- Choose your own adventure- choice of kayaking, biking or hiking in Lower Carniola
- Wine tasting biking tour
- Round trip transfers from Ljubljana Jože Pučnik International Airport (LJU). If you prefer to fly into Venice, Italy or Zagreb, Croatia, we can arrange transfers for you at an additional cost.
- Other cultural surprises.
$3000 non-refundable deposit per person. Please refer to the policies page of our website for our complete cancellation policy.
While in the elegant & vibrant riverside city of Lubjiani guests will stay at the intimate Hotel Cubo. Housed in an impressive 1930's protected Art Deco building, Hotel Cubo opened following a full renovation and conversion of the interior, transforming it into a luxury hotel. While the exterior has been preserved, the interior is modern, sleek. contemporary & stylish, combined with a genuinely warm staff and top-notch service. Conveniently located on the edge of the old town, there is simply no better place to stay in the Slovenian capital.
With 26 spacious modern rooms – complete with luxurious linens and designer touches- please note that we will not have exclusive use of Hotel Cubo, rather, we will be sharing it with other discerning guests.
After four nights in Lubjiani we will then move on to Hotel Grad Otočec, a Relais & Chateaux property often referred to as Otočec castle. This unique castle is on an island right in the middle of the Krka River, offering a magical setting that feels as if it emerged out of a fairy tale. Hotel Grad Otočec is a haven of peace where the spirit of the past blends marvellously with the rhythm of modern life, offering an atmosphere that has retained its character and authenticity. Everything here, right down to the attentive staff keen to fulfill every wish, contributes to well-being and hence is the perfect backdrop for Escape to Shape while in Slovenia. From here we can explore the areas of Carniola & Bizeljsko- two areas of gorgeous natural beauty.
With 26 spacious rooms, please note that we will not have exclusive use of Hotel Grad Otočec, rather, we will be sharing it with other discerning guests.
Sample Itinerary & Menu
Sample Days At Escape To Shape: Slovenia
Please note all activities are optional
Arrivals throughout the morning
12:00 pm- Lunch for those that have already arrived
2:00 pm – Yoga
4:00 pm- Ljubljana old town walking tour with private guide
7:00 pm- Private boat ride on Ljubljanica river
8:30 pm Dinner in Ljubljana
7:00-9:00 am – Breakfast Available At Your Leisure
7:00 am- Yoga & Meditation
10:00 am- Exlpore Lake Bled & Lake Bohinj with hike & lunch
6:00 pm- Visit to Ljubljana castle
8:00 pm- Dinner at the castle