Exploring South East Asia
Siem Reap & Luang Prabang, Cambodia & Laos
I went to Cambodia with Escape to Shape in February and it was AMAZING. This was my third Escape (and that should tell you how wonderful these trips are if I keep coming back!) and I loved every second. From the accommodations (an outdoor shower, huge bed, sofa to relax on, a little porch to sit on and watch the stars!) to the food (healthy and fresh and yummy) to the yoga to the amazing amazing amazing experiences (cooking class with a visit to the local market to learn about the ingredients; participating in an alms ceremony with the monks; walking thru the local village & interacting with the villagers in meaningful ways; dinner in the rice fields; shopping in the night market; and the TEMPLES plus so much more!!!!!) this trip was more than I had hoped for but definitely not less than I expected. Escape To Shape puts together spectacular trips and the hosts Erica and Francesco go out of their way to make you happy. I can't say enough positive things about Escape To Shape. And I can confess that a few days after I returned from Cambodia I put my deposit on the October trip to Cartagena. Hooray!
-- April G.
For the first time ever ESCAPE TO SHAPE is offering a 10 day journey through two of Southeast Asia's most captivating countries - Cambodia & Laos.
Our journey begins in the idealic riverside town of Luang Prabang, Laos, a place where time seems to have stood still- offering a combination of luxurious accommodations on the river’s edge, daily yoga & fitness classes, rich Buddhist traditions, exquisite temples, traditional Lao cuisine, unique handicrafts and breathtaking natural beauty- from the lush palm trees to the gentle rescued elephants that have long called Laos their home.
After four nights, we will continue our journey to the kingdom of Cambodia, with it's unrivalled wealth of history & culture. Nowhere is this better symbolized than at the majestic temples of UNESCO protected Angkor Wat, a timeless testament to the ingenuity of the Khmer people, and the focal point of our stay in Cambodia. And while a visit to the temples of Angkor is a profound experience, as few sites on earth can match the majesty of Angkor Wat, there is so much more to this remarkable country. Join Escape To Shape as we explore not only the temples, but also far beyond - the beautiful & inspiring people, the simple villages, the culinary treats, the unique craftsmanship, the rich Buddhist traditions, plus much, much more.
- 10 nights luxury accommodations in two charming private villas. One riverside in Luang Prabang, the other nestled amongst the rice paddies & palm trees of Siem Reap. Accommodations include en suite bathrooms, plush beds, luxurious linens, private terraces overlooking the pool or garden and deluxe amenities.
- 3 delicious, healthy meals & snacks reflective of the region & the season are provided daily. Meals are enjoyed in the villa as well as in noted restaurants of the region.
- Yoga & Meditation
- Fitness Training & Khmer Boxing
- One way economy class ticket from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap.
- Private temple tours of all the major temple ‘players’- Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Beng Mealea. Additionally, experience the beauty and stillness of Angkor Was at sunrise.
- Private boat trip to stilted & floating villages
- Private Buddhist monk chat at local Pagoda, including private water blessing
- Private village walk & talk - an opportunity to discover the ‘soul’ of Cambodia- meet the people; see where they live and how they spend their days. This experience includes a hands-on opportunity to give back to the local people, if interested.
- Private sunset cocktails & dinner overlooking the rice field
- Private Cooking class – 1/2 day hands-on cooking class - visit the local ‘wet’ market with the chef & learn to make traditional favorites
- Opportunities to explore the famous night markets as well as local boutiques that support the local people
- Experience Phare- The Cambodian Circus- up close & behind the scenes with the acrobats.
- One massage
- Round trip ground transportation from the Luang Prabang International airport (LPQ) & Siem Reap International Airport (REP).
$1500 non-refundable deposit per person. Please refer to the policies page of our website for our complete cancellation policy.
While in Luang Prabang, guests will stay in a beautiful private villa nestled on the river’s edge, in the heart of the UNESCO protected historical city center- just minutes away from the night market, temples and cafes. Each suite is large, airy and luxurious with a private en suite bathroom and terrace, plush linens, air conditioning, ceiling fans and deluxe amenities, decorated with original artifacts and antiques reflecting true Indochina culture and heritage. Additionally, the property is host to a variety of unique indoor & outdoor spaces, gorgeous gardens and a refreshing pool. A stay here is truly memorable, as the property is a slice of natural paradise splashed with a gracious staff, rich culture and an unparalleled sense of tranquility.
While in Cambodia, guests will stay in beautiful private villas nestled amongst rice paddies and palm trees, just minutes away from the town of Siem Reap and the magnificent temples that make up Angkor Wat. Each spacious suite is freshly appointed with beautiful Khmer art and textiles and is complete with an en suite bathroom, plush linens, air conditioning, ceiling fans and deluxe amenities. An expansive pool, lotus pond and lush garden all splash color throughout the property, making this villa truly relaxing and inviting. Additionally, a sense of tranquility, beauty. and spaciousness that is unique to Cambodia permeates the property, which is host to a variety of unique indoor & outdoor spaces, ideal for practicing and inspiring each yoga & fitness session. The gracious and accommodating staff, along with the rich history and culture of the area, makes this a most memorable and magical Bucket List Escape.
Sample Itinerary & Menu
Sample Days At Escape To Shape: Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Please note all activities are optional
5:30-6:30 am – Breakfast Available At Your Leisure
6:30 am - Walk to Wat Athvew for monk water blessing & monk chat
10:00 am - Morning Meditation & Journaling- 30 minutes
10.30pm - Yoga
12:00pm – Lunch
1:00 -5:00 pm- Free time to relax poolside or on your private terrace, enjoy the spa, take a nap, etc.
5:00 pm - Khmer Boxing Class
7:00 pm - Dinner & Responsible Tourism Chat
8:00 pm – Tuk-Tuk tour of Siem Reap + visit to Night Market
7:30-8:45 am - Breakfast Available At Your Leisure
8:15 am - Morning Meditation & Journaling- 30 minutes
8:45 am - Depart for Temple Tour to include Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom & picnic lunch
2:30 pm – Aqua Fit
3:00 pm - Private visits to some of Siem Reap's top boutiques
4:15 pm – Depart for Phare: The Cambodian Circus. Enjoy tumbling lessons with the acrobats & dinner before experiencing the show
Eggs prepared to order
Home made muesli with dried fruits & home made yogurt
Fresh tropic fruits
Coffee & tea
Fresh vegetarian spring rolls
Banana blossom salad with chicken
Exotic Fruit Platter
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Hummus with carrot & celery sticks
Crab Cakes with Chili Sauce
Amok with chicken
Petite sticky rice cake with fresh Mango and coconut cream
Eggs prepared to order
Home made whole grain breads with nut butters
Fresh tropic fruits
Coffee & tea
Prawn skewers with satay sauce
Cambodian chicken and mango salad
Fresh Fruit Platter
Mid-Afternoon Snack- Pineapple, Lime and mint Salsa served with homemade baked taro chips
Pumpkin and coconut cream soup
Cambodia green curry with snapper
Dark chocolate fondue served with fresh fruit