An Important Message From Escape To Shape
Let us start by saying that our biggest priority at Escape To Shape & Escape Artist has always been, and will continue to always be, YOU- our trusted clients, friends, partners & suppliers around the world. Some of you may even recall me saying that “without you, we would not have a purpose,” and that continues to hold true. Thanks to you we have been able to share our passion for travel + wellness over the past 12 years. And while these are challenging times in trave,l the pendulum swings both ways, and will eventually swing back. Wanderlust is a flame that is not easily extinguished! And when the time is right we are ready to ignite it with you once again!
With the growing concerns relating to coronavirus (COVID-19), the onslaught of media & messages along with the uncertainty & the responsibility of being guardians of your wellbeing & financial investments, we want to inform you of what we are doing here at Escape To Shape/Escape Artist to ensure that you have the tools to help you make travel decisions that FEEL RIGHT TO YOU.
We are monitoring the situation closely, following reliable science-based news sources and reaching out to our trusted partners on the ground around the world for real-time accounts and updates.
Given the fluid nature of the situation with COVID-19, we know that up-to-date information is essential, especially for those facing critical travel decisions in the near future. The below reference links are a fact/science-based starting point, including general guidelines on hygienic measures that can be taken while traveling and updated status reports on identified cases in affected countries. These official websites are the most reliable sources for verified information.
CDC Coronavirus General Information
State Department – Resource for current travel advisory notifications and precautions.
World Health Organization: General information on COVID-19
World Health Organization: Q&A on COVID-19
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
PROTECTING YOUR FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
Your health, safety & peace of mind are of top concern to us. With that, we are committed to protecting your financial investments as well. We are working closely with our partners to develop more flexible policies with regard to cancellations, rescheduling, fight reservations & tours. And this goes for Escape To Shape reservations as well!
Many people have asked us about Travel Insurance- and while not experts in the field we definitely have participated in our share of calls on the subject lately and would be happy to share our knowledge with you.
CARING & COMPASSION
Many people ask us what ‘other people are doing?’ While it is a 100% PERSONAL DECISION and you should never feel pressured to travel when not comfortable doing so, we have clients who’s trips to Italy we had to cancel for this month; others that have re-routed to the Caribbean or South America or to places closer to home here in the United States; others who are traveling as planned. Others who have cancelled their travel plans indefinitely. And others who have put decisions on hold for a few weeks to see how things unfold. There is no right or wrong answer. You must do what feels right for you. And we will do our best to provide options & opportunities that feel right for you along the way.
The reality is none of us have any idea what tomorrow will look like. There have been situations like this before, travel has been impacted in the past. But one thing I believe is certain, we are in it together & we will be OK. Escape To Shape/Escape Artist is here to listen, to empathize, to share. Escape To Shape was built on the pillars of CONNECTION & COMMUNITY. And now, more than ever, is a time to connect with compassion to one another. We remain dedicated to serving you as your go-to wellness holiday & your trusted travel advisor.
NOTE TO SELF: Don't hold yourself down with things you cannot control. Instead, control how you respond. In your response is your greatest power in the long run.
- Marc and Angel Hack Life - Practical Tips for Productive Living
Our mission at Escape To Shape is to take better care of our travelers. And wellness starts from within! With all of the negative news streaming through your phones, the TV and your email, we think it is a great time to remind everyone to take care of yourself. Stress plays a critical part in your overall health – both physical and mental – and these are stressful times! So let’s all take a moment today to do something for ourselves. A little self-care can go a long way in fighting stress & boosting the immune system.
And with that, here are some immunity boosting tips (responses!) that are always good to keep in mind, even more so right now:
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables- particularly the below suggested immunity boosting foods (Vitamin C & Vitamin D particularly)
- Exercise regularly.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep. Sleep affects every aspect of your heath but most of us aren’t getting nearly enough. Turn technology off at least one hour prior to getting into bed; meditate, read a book. Do something to transition into sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
- Try to minimize stress. In other words, calm down. Meditate. Calm is a great place to start & HERE is a free trial!
- Get outside. Spending time in nature is proven to relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and boost feelings of happiness and wellbeing. Whatever you call it – forest bathing, ecotherapy, mindfulness in nature, green time or the wilderness cure -- humans evolved in the great outdoors, and your brain benefits from a journey back to nature. Plus. you will get some Vitamin D!
Here are some examples of things to eat more of or add to your diet if not already included:
- Citrus Fruits - high in Vitamin C, which your body does not produce or store. So you MUST eat Vitamin C every day. Add lemon to your water, start your day with a grapefruit, eat an orange.
- Red Bell Peppers- which contain TWICE the Vitamin C of citrus fruits.
- Broccoli- Raw is best, but if raw is rough on your system, then lightly cooked is ok, too!
- Ginger- Steep some fresh dinner with lemon & add some local honey (also immunity boosting!) for a soothing elixir.
- Spinach- lightly cooked or raw. Vitamin C rich + other antioxidants.Yogurt- preferably with Vitamin D as that too boosts the immune system
- Almonds- rich in Vitamin E, which is essential for the immune system. A handful of almonds a day, may keep the doctor away 😉
- Turmeric- add it anywhere and everywhere you can tolerate. Just keep in mind that it is fat soluble so only really does its job when combined with a (preferably healthy) fat source such as a full egg (the yoke is the healthy fat source), avocado or nuts.
- Sunflower Seeds
- Green Tea
Please stay HEALTHY & SANE throughout this chaotic time. And know that we are here for you along the way. Feel free to reach out with questions, concerns or simply to say hello- we would love to hear from you.
Erica, Francesco & Brandon